Sunday, August 8, 2010


  i first heard about Semester at Sea when I was in the 8th grade and I immediately thought to myself, "Im going to do that someday". I was so incredibly taken with the idea of studying  while on a cruise ship because it's a combination of many of the things I love.  I truly love learning; "the more you know the further you go."  This opportunity let's me learn about the world in an unusual setting while traveling from one port to the next.  Then, arriving in each port, I get to experience first hand a new culture and become acquainted with the people there.  What an amazing opportunity that is!  Additionally, I truly love the water and the sea.  I feel at home there, at peace,  Balanced.  So this adventure brings together for me the gift of growing in places and ways that are truly meaningful to me.  It is my greatest hope to give back to the world.  That too is something I have felt passionately about since I was a little girl.  I have not been sure what form that would take, or what people I would reach. This journey is a gift that I undertake, feeling so fortunate to be able to do it, knowing it will bring me closer to the answer.




The Voyage Itinerary: I start the semester in Canada on August 27th and end the semester in California on December 13th. 
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada- Depart: Friday, 8/27 
  • Cadiz, Spain- Arrive: Saturday, 9/4 Depart: Wednesday, 9/8
  • Casablanca, Morocco- Arrive: Friday, 9/10 Depart: Tuesday, 9/14
  • Takoradi, Ghana- Arrive: Wednesday, 9/22 Depart: Saturday, 9/25
  • Cape Town, South Africa- Arrive: Sunday, 10/3 Depart: Friday, 10/8
  • Port Louis, Mauritius- Arrive: Thursday, 10/14 Depart: Friday, 10/15
  • Chennai, India- Arrive: Friday, 10/22 Depart: Wednesday, 10/27
  • Singapore- Arrive: Sunday, 10/31 Depart: Monday, 11/1 
  • Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam- Arrive: Wednesday, 11/3 Depart: Monday, 11/8
  • Hong Kong / Shanghai, China- Arrive: Thursday, 11/11 Depart: Tuesday, 11/16
  • Yokohama / Kobe, Japan- Arrive: Friday, 11/19 Depart: Tuesday, 11/23 
  • Honolulu / Hilo, Hawaii, USA- Arrive: Friday, 12/3 Depart: Monday, 12/6
  • San Diego, California, USA- Arrive: Monday, 12/13
           *If you are interested in learning more about the Semester at Sea program here is the the link http://www.semesteratsea.org/ 

2 comments:

  1. Honey! Great to have the itinerary posted here. We are so excited to keep up with you through your blog. You go girl!
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammy, I love the start to your blog and will so enjoy following you around the world. Love from Bill and I, Karen

    ReplyDelete