Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hi Everyone!

We got to Cadiz, Spain this morning and I am sitting out side of a beautiful cathedral as I write this. I am catching a train soon to Seville so only have a couple minutes to blog.

The voyage from Canada across the Atlantic to Spain was wonderful. We passed in between two hurricanes so the seas were rough for about two days, I was one of the lucky ones and felt great the whole time...seas sickness is no fun. After we passed the storms the ocean was so smooth. I am meant to be at sea, its wonderful.

My classes on the ship are AWESOME. I am going to learn so much. The ship is full of such fascinating individuals with many interesting perspectives, life experiences and wisdom. I sat with Desmund Tutu a couple nights ago and had dinner with him. I am in aww of both Arch (thats what he likes to be called) and his wife Ms. Tutu.

My internship with the lifelong learners has been great so far. There are 62 lifelong learners and man, is this group a riot! I feel like I have an entire extended family on board the ship. Again, this is another group of people that can teach me and all the students on the ship so much.

From what I have seen of Spain I love it. I could people watch all day long haha The clothing, the people, the language its so wonderful to see what I have been learning about. What I continue to realize more and more everyday is that People are just people.

Its only been a morning but I really enjoy being a foreigner. I will post pictures when I can.

Thank you for all the support everyone. I miss you, Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Sam! I am so excited to see you are blogging! Keep it up Honey. We love you so much and are very proud of you too. xoxox Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely incredible Sam, everything you write leaves me with tears in my eyes. I am so proud of you, you are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete